5 FUN things for FAMILIES to do at the VANS US OPEN OF SURFING in Huntington Beach July 28- Aug 5, 2018 !
Carrying on the tradition of major competitive surfing at Huntington Beach since 1959, the Vans US Open of Surfing has evolved into one of the largest action sports festivals in the country. This year the event will showcase the world’s best surfing alongside an unparalleled entertainment experience that includes curated retail spaces, world-class skateboard and BMX competitions, and the Van Doren Village featuring art exhibitions and hands-on creative workshops for attendees. We can’t wait to join in all the fun and experience this years VANS US OPEN OF SURFING! Our HB Littles are excited for this years events, so we came up with a list of 5 FUN things for FAMILIES to do at the VANS US OPEN OF SURFING in Huntington Beach July 28- Aug 5, 2018. Check them out below!
5 FUN things for FAMILIES to do at the VANS US OPEN OF SURFING in Huntington Beach July 28- Aug 5, 2018!
- Stoke-O-Rama – This is a FREE family friendly event featuring surfing, water safety, beach games, prizes and some friendly competition! Sign your GROMS (12 and under) up for Stoke-O-Rama HERE! All fund raised from this great event go to supporting local water safetly programs.
- VANS MOVIE NIGHTS at the Amphitheater – most nights there will be a family friendly movie playing at the amphitheater. Bring your blankets, snacks and cozy up to a movie under the stars. Check out the schedule of movies below…
- July 28 7-9pm – “Can’t Steal Our Vibe”
- July 29 7-9pm – “Lilo and Stitch”
- July 30 7-9pm – “Goonies”
- July 31 7-9pm – “Can’t Steal Our Vibe & Blue Intensity”
- August 2 7-9pm – TBD
- Win SWAG at the VAN DOREN VILLAGE – This is one of our kids favorite things to do at the US OPEN of Surfing! At the Van Doren Village daily there are fun carnival games for all to play. If you win, you can score some sweet swag! Last year our kids won VANS hats, wallets, tote bags and more! Be there before opening to line up since the lines can get pretty long throughout the day.
- Guitar Lessons with Jessie Clavin from Bleached – How amazing is this? Bring your guitars and strum along with Jessie Clavin at the Von Doren Village. Check out the dates and times below…
- July 28 – 10am-2pm
- August 2 – 10am-2pm
- Vans x Shaper Studio: Board Shaping – Come check out this awesome board shaping DEMO, fun for the kids and the whole family! Dates and times below…
- July 28 – 10am-2pm
- August 2 – 10am-2pm Leila Hurst
- August 3 – 10am-2pm Dane Reynolds
- August 5 – 9am-11am Alex Knost
This is just a small list compared to all the fun to be had at the VANS US OPEN OF SURFING. On top of the amazing exhibitions and competitions there will also be hands on art experiences. So many things going on that you will not want to miss out on.
Click the link below to see the entire list of events for the US Vans Open including the SURF, SKATE & BMX schedules! Click HERE for the complete Schedule!
FOR PARKING, SHUTTLE and other EVENT INFORMATION click HERE. Also check out the MAP below of the Venue layout.
Goodluck to all of the competitors this year! We will be cheering you on!
We love featuring YOU Huntington Beach! Please contact us at email@example.com or leave a comment on this post if you’d like to be added to our weekly list or if there are any fun activities you’d like to share with your fellow HB friends.
XOXO, Jamie & Michelle